Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6: Ahhh, Pedis!


There's one thing my mom and I have been talking about since my accident.  Getting pedicures.  I just had to wait...for numerous reasons.  Let's see, there's the challenge of the spa chair, the fact that I couldn't lift my legs and the fear of having my legs rubbed (due to broken bones and wounds)...just to name a few.  As I looked down at my feet, I realized that I really needed to do something.  So, I decided I'd just go get my nails trimmed and painted.  When we got there I decided that just wasn't good enough and determined that I would use my transfer board and slide (or rather climb) my way up into the chair.  It was like climbing Mt. Everest, but I made it!  I got to enjoy the relaxing foot spa!  The gal that worked with me was so good about moving my legs slowly and carefully...oh, and she just rubbed my feet, not my legs.  I'll have to go back to enjoy that part another time.  Anyway, somehow my sweet daughter worked her way into going with us (ok, ok we invited her).  So, Sadie and I thought we needed a  picture of our freshly scrubbed feet and toes.  Can you believe my baby-girl's feet are almost as big as mine now?  What ever happened to my 5 pound baby?

2 comments:

  1. That looks fun. I haven't had a pedicure before. I so need to do that someday. Does soaking my feet in Charlie's bubblebath count as a pedicure if he covered my calves in suds? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never done it until last summer. Sadie and I went for the first time. I'm so hooked! Hmmm...we might have to just go do that the next time we're in Chattanooga. Start saving your pennies! It is without a doubt one of the most relaxing things I've ever done. I thought I'd hate having people touch my feet, but it's heaven!

    ReplyDelete