Thursday, January 19, 2012
Day 15: Bling, Bling!
I am beginning to make progress toward using my walker. I'm allowed to put 50% of my weight on each leg now, which means I can stand! My balance really stinks, so I'm dependent upon using my walker to help stabilize me. The doctor said I can start taking a few steps as I feel like I can. I couldn't stand to have an "old lady walker" so today I put some bling on it! I like to think this is kind of the hot rod of walkers. Maybe I should have put flames on it instead. Hmmmm...you never know what I might do! After all, I did have Christmas lights on the wheels of my wheelchair at Christmas! I really like the rhinestones though. The only downside is that they sometimes get knocked off when people help me with my walker. They hold the front of it for me right now because on the slick floors in my house it will scoot forward even with the breaks on! So, until I'm a little more stable, using my walker is a team effort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment