Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 8: All Jazzed Up

This is "Jazzy" aka "Roadrunner."  This is the one thing that gives me a sense of independence these days and makes life a lot easier.  My regular wheelchair is too wide to make it down hallways and move around much in our house.  Thanks to our wonderful preacher, I have this to help out!  When he heard about my injuries, he made sure I had this to make life a little easier.  I just scoot all around the house in this!  Of course, I am confined to the main level of the house and I cannot get into the kitchen or bedrooms at this point.  Once we move around some furniture and stuff I'll be able to get my Jazzy into my bedroom.  It has worked out though as my parents are staying in my room so they're around to help out and I am still sleeping in a hospital bed in the dining room.  I can't wait until I can sleep in my comfy bed again.  Anyway, I am so, so grateful for this little vehicle.  By the way, my walker (which my preacher also got for me) matches this.  I love this color!  I hope I'll get to start using that walker one of these days soon!  Oh...in case you're wondering, I also call my Jazzy "Roadrunner" because each time you turn it on it goes "BEEP BEEP."  It sounds just like Roadrunner.

No comments:

Post a Comment